Membership and Rates
There are several types of memberships currently available: Shareholding members, joint members, and Business/Organization members. Casual membership is a potential option in the future.
All members pay the same application fee and driving rates for both kilometers and time.
- One- time non-refundable application fee of $25
- $4 per hour
- $0.40 per kilometer up to 40 km
Shareholding members pay a one-time refundable $500 membership share and have voting rights at the Annual General Meeting.
Joint member are added onto a primary Shareholding membership for a reduced cost. Shareholding members can add up to 4 additional drivers to their account that reside at the same household. The additional drivers each pay their one-time non-refundable $25 application fee. Joint members do not get voting rights.
Business / Organization Membership
- Business or Organization members pay a one-time, refundable $800 membership share for up to 8 drivers.
- Additional drivers within the same organization may be added for an additional $100 refundable membership share per driver.
- Business/Organization members receive 1 vote per $500 of membership shares to vote at the Annual General Meeting.
- This option would likely not be available at the start of the carshare, but is a possibility in the future.
- Casual members would pay a non-refundable $25/month fee which is continuous for the time they are a casual member.
- Casual members would not pay for membership shares and therefore would not have voting rights.
Give me an idea of what my trip will cost?
Here are some samples:
A member accesses the car at Lansdowne and they drive the car to Home Depot and then to Costco and return it in 2 hours.
Distance: Lansdowne to Home Depot – 5.5 km, Home Depot to Costco – 1.5 km, return 7 km
Cost for kilometer usage: 14 km @ $0.40/km = $5.6
Cost for time usage: 2 hours @ $4/hr= $8
Total cost of trip = $13.60
Member accesses car at Lansdowne, drives to Art Knapps and Home Hardware and returns in 3 hours.
Distance: Lansdowne to Art Napp and Home Hardware – 5.4 kms, return 5.4 kms
Cost of kilometer usage: 10.8 km @ $0.40 = $4.32
Cost for time usage: 3 hours @ $4/hr= $12
Total cost of trip = $16.32
Member accesses car at Northills Mall and drives to Princess Auto and back, returning in 1.5 hours.
Distance: Northills Mall to Princess Auto – 10 kms, return 10 kms
Cost of kilometer usage: 20 km @ $0.40 = $8
Cost for time usage: 1.5 hours @ $4/hr= $6
Total cost of trip = $14
Member accesses car at Lansdowne and drives to airport and back, returning in 1 hour.
Distance: Lansdowne to Airport – 11 kms, return 11 kms
Cost of kilometer usage: 22 km @ $0.40 = $8.8
Cost for time usage: 1 hours @ $4/hr= $4
Total cost of trip = $12.80